There’s just one more week to get in your proposals for the Poetry and the Essay conference, which will be held at Victoria University of Wellington, from 6 to 8 December 2017. This three-day conference will bring together poets and scholars to explore the space where poetry intersects with the essay.
We are interested in:
- proposals for scholarly papers (20 mins)
- proposals for panel discussions, and
- expressions of interest from poet-practitioners to read (and perhaps discuss) their own essay poems, either as a 10-minute reading or a 20-minute paper.
If you don’t have a complete abstract, an informal email briefly outlining your idea will suffice at this stage.
For more information:
- read our call for papers
- read our guidelines for proposals
- join our mailing list to get conference updates.
Proposals should be sent to the organisers, Helen Rickerby, Angelina Sbroma and Anna Jackson, by 17 July, 2017. They can be emailed to Anna.Jackson@vuw.ac.nz.
Conference registrations will open soon. Registration for the three-day conference will be:
- $180 full registration (for attendees with institutional support)
- $60 concession (for students and attendees without institutional support).
There will also be an optional conference dinner, which will cost $65.